- 1 Cup Mashed Ripe Bananas (2 or 3 large Bananas)
- 1 ¾ Cups Flour (all-purpose)
- 2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- ½ Cup reduced-fat Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Liquid Egg Substitute
- 1 ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Salt
- Set your oven to 350 degrees and preheat.
- Prepare a loaf pan (standard 8 ½ by 4 ½) with margarine amp; flour or coat with your favorite cooking spray.
- Mix flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon and salt. Go to next step.
- Whisk or beat sugar, egg substitute, sour cream and vanilla. Blend lightly.
- Stir in the flour mixture until lightly combined (don’t overwork).
- Stir in the mashed cup of bananas.
- Fill the loaf pan. Tap several times to level mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 40 to 50 minutes. Test with toothpick.
- Permit Banana Bread to cool at least 15 minutes. Then place on rack and permit cooling to room temperature.
There are no nuts in this recipe since we have family members with life threatening food allergies. It’s still delicious even without the addition of nuts.
Hint: Try adding dried cranberries to this recipe in lieu of nuts for a unique taste delight.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: