Tofu Turkey is a great way to make meals different in the home. Also it’s a wise choice for the wallet and your family’s health. Both vegetarians and meat eaters alike benefit from eating tofu. Make it a Tofurkey night at your home with your family!
Gather what you will need:
1 pound of firm tofu
12oz package of seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
1 slice of bread toasted and cut into cubes
3 Tbsp of veg. oil
2 Tbsp of water
2/3 cups water
1 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of lemon pepper
1 tsp of dry Italian seasoning
1/4 cup softened butter or margarine
1/4 tsp of dry marjoram
1/4 tsp dry savory or sage (1 of both if desired)
1tsp of orange juice without the pulps
1tsp of orange jam
1 1/2 tsp of honey BBQ sauce (or other flavored BBQ sauce)
1/2 tsp of mustard (bottled)
Directions for Turkey:
1. Unwrap tofu, drain, and rinse well.
2. In a blender, blend tofu until it becomes smooth in texture.
3. Add lemon pepper, salt, sage (or savory or both), Italian seasoning, and marjoram. Now blend to insure it is mixed well.
4. Line a sieve with 2 paper towels and place over an empty bowl. Then place the tofu in the lines sieve while pressing against sides to form a reasonable sized deep well in the middle of the tofu.
Place this in the refrigerator for two and half hours.
For the stuffing:
1. In a sauce pan mix bread stuffing , butter, and the 2/3 cups water. Now bring to boil over medium heat.
2. Once this is boiling reduce your heat, cover sauce pan with a lid, and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. After simmering is done turn off the heat and let stand for another 5 to 7 minutes. With a fork fluff up the stuffing.
4. Now add the Italian seasoning, bread cubes, and 2 Tbsp of water.
5. Re fluff.
Back to Turkey:
1. Once two and a half hours have passed since chilling the tufo take it out of the refrigerator.
2. Preheat your over to 350 degrees F.
3. Grease your baking pan with either veg. oil or spray with Pam.
4. Remove the paper towels from the top of the tofu.
5. With a spoon put the now prepared stuffing mix into the deep well of the tofu and smooth it out.
6. Put the tofu mold onto baking pan and remove any paper towels that were left on the tufo turkey mold.
7. Now shape the tofu mold. Your hands is the best tool for this. Only do this if the tofu has formed cracks.
8. Once your oven is preheated put in the tofu turkey and bake for 30 minutes.
1. Now in another bowl mix BBQ sauce, jam, orange juice, 3 Tbsp of veg. oil, and mustard. If you like add a tsp of brown sugar to heighten the taste.
2. Blend well.
3. Set aside.
4. Once your tofu turkey has been cooking in the oven for the 30 minutes, take turkey out and brush the glaze over it generously.
5. Put the turkey back into the oven for another 20 minutes or until your turkey is golden brown and crispy .
6. Serve and enjoy!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: