Grilled food has its own flavors and benefits. An indoor grill is something that will greatly help you to grill your grill vegetables for the perfect Friday night dinner. These indoor grilling units make use of electricity as a source of a constant supply of heat to grill vegetables. The food is healthy since it is cooked without oil or any liquids.
Indoor grills allow people to get the same experience with no inconvenience and fumes. However, when it comes to making a choice, people are often seen confused as to which indoor grill machine should be the best option for them. Thus, we present to you the best indoor grill reviews to guide you through the process
Indoor Grill Review Center 2020
|#1 - DEIK 2-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill||100%|
|#2 - Mega Chef Dual Reversible Indoor Grill||92%|
|#3 - Wolfgang Puck Electric Indoor Grill||90%|
|#4 - Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler GR-4N||88%|
|#5 - Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill||88%|
|#6 - Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill||88%|
|#7 - Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill||84%|
|#8 - T-fal TG403D52 Indoor Grill||82%|
|#9 - Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill||82%|
|#10 - Excelvan Portable 1120W Indoor Grill||80%|
Want to learn more?
Now that you’ve seen our top 10 recommendations, we’ll give you more detail on each of them, including why we liked them. When you’re ready, click the yellow button to get the best price on Amazon!
Now back to our step-by-step process. Once we’ve pruned our shortlist of the top 10 indoor grills as you can see above, we formed a test group by tapping our fellow home cooks, foodies, pro chefs, and other culinary enthusiasts to help us out. And here are our findings after they carefully followed our testing procedures and evaluation guidelines:
#1 – DEIK 2-in-1 Electric Indoor Grill
The Electric Griddle is one of the best indoor grills of 2020 that comes with an array of features. Going by the fact that it produces less smoke, you can have peace of mind using it indoors.
The removable grill tray harbors two grease channels, which are designed for a smoke-less grilling experience. With this grill, you will be able to set your desired temperature levels, thanks to its 5-level adjustable thermostat. And since it comes with a flat surface, you’ll find it perfect for grilling vegetables, cakes, and omelets, among others. Plus, those that love to grill meat will surely benefit from this Electric Griddle’s textured surface.
Another feature of the Electric Griddle is its handy compact design. This makes it easy to clean, store, and place on a different spot time and again.
What We Like About It:
We like the fact that this product is compact and easy to clean. You can store it in your cabinet or any other preferred place, and it will occupy less space. Our testers also found out that its non-stick coating and smooth surface feature makes it quick and simple to use and clean.
This grill also produces less smoke needed for indoor grilling. Its five-tilt drain feature, double grease channel, as well as a removable drip tray, drains excessive fat from food that could fuel smoke production. We found the latter to be a plus as it also reduces the risks of your grill generating indoor fire.
Our testers liked the fact that we could use it for all our indoor grill needs without switching to a new one as Electric Griddle Grill enabled us to grill and griddle different varieties of food. It did a perfect job for steaks, seafood, vegetables, pancakes, and so on.
The manufacturer of the product provides lifetime technical support and a 1-year warranty. This made it easy for us to decide to buy and test this product.
#2 – Mega Chef Dual Reversible Indoor Grill
Having a grill as well as griddle in one form factor makes it the best choice for an indoor grill. This is what the Mega Chef Dual Surface Reversible Indoor Grill offers. Users can flip the cooking surface when the grill is on. This will lead to less smoke emission and faster grilling and griddling.
One of the pro features of this grill is its large cooking surface. 15 inches by 11 inches is enough space to grill as well as griddle lots of food. This feature makes this grill it to be a perfect choice for families or when in need for a large surface for grilling.
Another pro feature of this grill cleaner is its reversible cooking surface. This feature enables users to grill as well as different griddle varieties of food from meat to veggies (just to mention a few). Users can flip the grill-cooking surface and get the much-needed space for griddling eggs, pancakes, and so on. Moreover, with its non-stick surface feature, it means that you will have an easy time cleaning this indoor grill.
We also found this grill to be light as well as portable. You can easily carry 6 lbs without pulling a muscle. So you’ll surely have an easy time carrying it, just in case you need to use it outdoors.
What We Like About It:
We liked the fact that we can use this grill to sear, fry, or crisp anything. This makes it an indoor grill for many of our needs. It comes with a reversible glass cover, which makes it easy to cook different types of food.
Secondly, lots of our testers confirmed that this grill is easy to use and clean. All that’s needed is to just wipe the cooking surface with a moist towel before and after use, and this can efficiently clean it already. Also, you don’t have to use grill-cleaning tools. Moreover, the grills are integrated with a non-stick surface, so little bbq sauce and bits are likely to cling on them, if at all.
#3 – Wolfgang Puck Electric Indoor Grill
Family-sized grills are always favorite purchases of many home cooks and pro chefs. The main advantage of this product, even if you live alone, is that you’ll be able to prepare large food varieties and quantities when you have guests.
One feature of this grill cleaner is its non-stick surface. This makes it easy to clean. Its fully detachable plate also helps in this regard.
Another feature of this grill cleaner is that it’s actually two appliances in 1. You have a grill on one side and a griddle on the other. This means you can prepare pancakes on one side, and steaks on the other.
Plus, this grill is integrated with a non-stick cooking plate. This was designed to offer optimum safety features to users while cooking. It also facilitates easy cleaning.
What We Like About It:
We liked the fact that this product has the capacity to accommodate large batches of servings. We found it perfect for preparing meals for the whole family. In addition, our testers found it quick and simple to clean because of its premium non-stick surface and fully detachable plate.
Many of the home cooks in our test group found the grill’s high heating capabilities ideal for high heat grilling and grinding. With 1800 watts of power, you can adjust the heat to preferable temperatures. And its Adjustable Temperature Control Dial enables you to make accurate heat configurations. Also, you can set it to fast pre-heat and perfect searing modes.
#4 – Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler GR-4N
If you’re a big fan of using grills with a countertop unit, then you’re recommended to take a closer look at the Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler. It comes with a countertop unit that serves as a contact grill, making it easy for you to use it as a full grill and griddle, or a half grill and griddle.
Another feature of this product is its brushed stainless steel housing. It ensures that your food is BPA free and safe for consumption. Also, its non-stick plates drain grease and help avoid food particles from sticking to its surface.
This indoor grill also comes with three adjustable temperature control modes. These include Grill, Griddle, and Panini Press. Each mode will allow you to select your preferred heat levels for grilling and gridding. And its indicator light provides intuitive feedback while making adjustments.
What We Like About It:
Many of the home cooks and pro chefs in our test group like the fact that the Cuisinart 5- in -1 indoor grill is a multi-functional product. Just as its name suggests, this indoor grill is designed for many of your grilling and gridding needs as you can prepare food using five cooking options.
The first option is the contact grill, where you can use this grill while it’s closed. Meanwhile, the second one is the full grill, which will double your grilling surface. Other options are a full griddle, half grill, half griddle, and Panini press. This means you can use this grill for cakes, cheese, pancakes, steaks, and hamburgers, just to name a few.
This product is also quite easy to use. It comes with simple controls that all of our testers were able to figure out rather quickly. These controls can enable you to choose from grill or griddle functions. And with its indicator light turning green and red when your desired temperatures are reached, you can cook with ease.
Plus, this indoor grill is quick and simple to clean. Its dishwasher-safe plates prevent food particles from sticking unto its surface, and you can wipe them clean without using specialized grill brushes.
#5 – Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill
The Hamilton Beach electric indoor searing grill is likely to complement the other electric products in your kitchen. This grill is integrated with a temperature dial regulator, which enables you to choose your preferred levels of heat for griddling and grilling. You can also rotate it to 450° or even dial it to a lower rate for the best grilling results.
Another feature of this indoor grill is its large drip tray. Its large form factor ensures that it catches juices barricading them from spilling all over your kitchen or countertop. Grilling or gridding will, therefore, not mess your kitchen.
Plus, this product is designed for you to easily remove its indoor grill hood, extra-large drip tray, and plate. This feature makes it easy to clean and clean all stuck food particles and grease.
What We Like About It:
A lot of our fellow testers found this electric grill perfect for accurate cooking. After all, the one best thing that electric griddles and grills offer compared to traditional ones are cooking accuracy. The Hamilton Beach electric grill comes with an adjustable dial, and you can pre-set the temperatures up to 450°C.
Some of our fellow home cooks in our test group also found a unique feature in this product that enables accurate grilling. These are pre-heat lights. With these, you can eliminate guesswork while you’re cooking.
Another feature we really like in this product is that it’s designed for quick clean-up and easy maintenance. Our testers didn’t have to spend a considerable amount of time cleaning it after a long day of grilling. Thanks to its removable, non-stick plates, all of our fellow testers had a simple time washing it.
Also, the 1-year warranty that comes with this product made it easy for us to pick this product for review. We were assured of getting help in case the product did not live up to its expectations, as highlighted and promised by the manufacturer. But we’re happy with the results of our tests, overall.
We were able to prepare more than just burgers, bbq, and steaks with this product. We liked the fact that we were also able to grill chicken, pizza, vegetables, seafood, and a variety of recipes without the need for additional equipment.
#6 – Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
Getting an indoor grill that will do all your grilling and gridding needs is something that you should consider. An advantage of doing this is that you can save a lot of time and money compared to making multiple purchases. On the other hand, another advantage is that a multipurpose grill enables you to prepare different recipes and dishes in one sitting easily.
The Zojirushi indoor electric grill comes with tons of features. The first one is its non-stick grill surface. This enables you to grill different food varieties without them sticking on its surface. Remember, stuck food particles can produce smoke as you grill.
This product is also integrated with variable heat controls, state-of-the-art housing, and comfortable handles. It’s also designed in a way that prevents excessive oils from mixing with your food. This is because oils are drained from the grill pan to an easy to clean the trap.
What We Like About It:
Our testers found out that this product can be easily disassembled for cleaning. This is a feature that we really like about this product. That’s because we can spend less time cleaning it after a long day of grilling. Plus, it has a dishwasher-safe drip tray.
But its 1300 W heating capacity is considered to be low compared to the other products in our roundup of the ten best indoor grills this 2020. Nonetheless, it still comes with variable heat settings that can keep food warm from as low as 176°F and up to 410°F. And depending on the food, you’re grilling or griddling; you can set it to your desired level of coarseness. Plus, this product’s cool-touch handles and firm base provide safety features through its sturdy form factor.
Lastly, we found the Zojirushi indoor grill to be a multi-purpose product that can do more than just grilling. With it, we were able to do broiling, frying, and braising.
#7 – Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
Many buyers looking to purchase an indoor grill or griddle are likely to prioritize a product that produces less smoke. And that’s what this indoor grill from Philips offers. One of its most notable features is its advanced infrared technology, which mainly works through a special reflector. This works by channeling heat to your food, ensuring an even cook along with a much quicker and easier grilling experience.
This Philips indoor grill also comes with a self-adjustment feature. With this, you won’t need to worry about adjusting heat as this electric grill automatically heats itself up to a consistent 446°F. This also prevents overcooked food through a system that efficiently separates grease and fat from your food during the grilling process. Plus, this ensures that your food stays tender juicy.
Another feature of this product is its easy setup process. You can start using this indoor grill straight out of the box in just a few minutes. This also comes with a 1660W power supply along with non-slip feet so it can stay in place while you use it.
What We Like About It:
One of the features that we really like about this product is it produces almost no smoke even when you’re grilling large servings. This is because of its sophisticated infrared technology. This means you can use it indoors without worrying about excessive smoke or grilled food aroma sticking to your furniture and walls.
Another thing we liked about this product is that it allows us to grill steak and other types of food to perfection easily. There aren’t any temperature fluctuations that can affect the quality of grilled food.
Many of our testers also found that since this grill produces very minimal smoke, you won’t need to regulate heat now and then. Nevertheless, the grill will pre-heat itself to 446°F and stick to that level during the entire grilling process.
We also found this indoor grill quite easy to clean, thanks to its minimalist 2-piece design. And because it produces almost no smoke, you just need to wipe off very little food particles from its non-stick surface when cleaning this indoor grill.
Lastly, we found that this indoor grill can be used for a variety of recipes. We tested it with vegetables, salmon, peaches, and beef, just to mention a few.
#8 – T-fal TG403D52 Indoor Grill
The T-fal indoor grill is also equipped with smoke-less technology. This enables it to produce almost no smoke even when you use it to grill big batches of meat and other types of recipes.
Plus, its non-stick cooking plates are designed to drain grease and tiny food particles from the main grill area. These are channeled to a removable drip trap, which is also designed to reduce spattering. This system also aids in its smoke-less features.
Meanwhile, this product comes with five customizable settings, making this grill a multi-purpose tool. Its maximum heat setting is 455°F. Nonetheless, you can use any of its five settings to make necessary adjustments. These include warm, low, sear, medium, and high.
Also, the T-fal indoor grill is integrated with a compact and lightweight form factor design. This makes it easy to place it in another area in and around your kitchen. Plus, its sturdy frame can prevent accidents as it won’t easily topple over when you bump into it. Plus, you can quickly disassemble this indoor grill, allowing you to clean it easily.
What We Like About It:
Since this product produces very minimal smoke, we found it perfect for Barbequing all year round. We can use this indoor grill in our kitchens and any other room and won’t need to worry about the smoke that could be hazardous to the health of our loved ones.
We also like the fact that this product is quite easy and simple to clean, thanks to its removable power cord feature. This also allows for quick and easy storage after every use.
And once you remove its power cord, you can quickly detach the other parts of this indoor grill with ease. This way, you’ll be able to clean its dishwasher-safe components conveniently.
The manufacturer of this indoor grill offers a 10-year repair warranty. This actually made it simple for us to decide whether to include this product in our tests. After all, not too many of the top 10 indoor grills in our roundup offer the same type of warranty.
#9 – Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
The tempered glass lid of this indoor grill is one of its features that enables fast heating. This also keeps the grill warm. It also comes with a detachable adjustable thermostat, along with a non-stick grill plate.
What We Like About It:
Many of the home cooks in our test group like this indoor grill’s medium-sized cooking surface, which they say is ideal for their needs. You can grill sufficient servings of your grilled recipes through its 12 x 6-inch cooking surface.
Another feature we liked about the product is its shape as well as the embedded heating element. The latter ensures even heat distribution. This means you won’t need to worry about overcooked and undercooked spots in your food.
We also like the fact that we could easily clean up this grill without the help of specialized cleaning tools, thanks to its non-stick surface. Also, its removable non-stick drip pan ensures quick and easy clean-up and maintenance.
Plus, you can conveniently adjust the detachable thermostat to your desired heat levels. And it also has a system for reducing smoke and also for preventing food particles and grease from accumulating.
#10 – Excelvan Portable 1120W Indoor Grill
This grill is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. It comes with a plethora of features. Among the most notable ones is its adjustable temperature control. And as a multi-purpose grill, this means you can use it for cooking your meat, seafood, veggies, steak, and sausage, just to mention a few.
What We Like About It:
We really like that it can be used both indoors and outdoors. Plus, we found its size to be just right when you need to quickly and easily prepare grilled treats for your family, for yourself, for a loved one or a small group of friends, for dinner parties, and so on.
This indoor grill is also easy to use. Once you power it up, it will automatically pre-heat on its own for the first 15 minutes or so. And thanks to its non -stick drip tray that’s designed to gather drippings efficiently, this grill is also quick and simple to clean.
Moreover, after dripping is done, you can easily wipe its cooking surface. Plus, its adjustable temperature control allows you to set your desired temperature levels. This product is also equipped with a system that can help avoid excess heat, which could produce more smoke and burn your food, also causing it to stick on your grill.
And that’s our roundup of the ten best indoor grills this 2020. So if you regularly prepare and cook grilled food for yourself or for your loved ones, peers, and colleagues, then you’re recommended to choose the most suitable indoor grilled from our selection, especially this Christmas season.
How do we choose the top indoor grills on our list?
Of course, a list of the top 10 products starts out with extensive research. And that’s what we did. We went to the largest shopping platforms like Amazon and a few others with lots of worldwide buyers. Our purpose was to populate our preliminary list of the most popular indoor grills today. Also, we took note of ratings and reviews left by buyers for each of the products that interested us.
Next, we asked for the valuable help of our peers. We inquired about the experience of our fellow home cooks, pro chefs, and foodies in using each of our shortlisted indoor grills at this point. They’re mostly from our offline and online networks, such as social media groups and Web forums, where we frequently hang out to talk about things relevant to food, kitchen products, and cooking.
This was when we noticed that there’s a number of crucial factors to consider when looking for the best indoor grill. And here they are:
- Automatic sensors — An important element of the electric indoor grill is the automation of the machine. We believe that an electric grill is preferred over a manual one for the simple reason that it offers convenience in cooking as most of the functioning is automatic. So, we make sure that all the grills are equipped with automatic sensors to assist in the cooking process.
- Multi-purpose — Well, the very next parameter that is to be complied with is the ability of the machine to handle more than one task at a time. Most if the electric grills in our list are capable of serving more than one purpose. There are five, six and even nine cooking processes that a particular machine is able to perform which ensures an all-round performance to the consumer. What’s great is that this is an all-in-one device, meaning you won’t need a separate griddle, pizza oven, microwave, convection oven, warming tray, or induction burner! You’ll still need your favorite panini press and food dehydrator, though!
- Easy clean — Another important point of consideration is the fact that the grill machine should not just be easy to cook but clean as well. Choosing an indoor grill from the list of our products ensures that you don’t have to sweat in the kitchen, cleaning the grill machine. We make sure that all the parts are completely detachable which contributes to the fact that the product is extremely convenient to clean.
- Material — Durability is an important factor when it comes to making a choice among the indoor grills. We make sure that all the products on our list are made of superior quality material, making them highly durable.
Why do you need the best indoor grill in the kitchen?
You need the best indoor grill for the following reasons.
- Convenience in cooking — Choosing the best product for your kitchen will ensure that you enjoy safe and easy cooking in the kitchen. A grill can be an extremely difficult machine to work with but with the use of the indoor grill, you can relish the mouthwatering flavors of grilled food without the slightest of inconvenience.
- Smoke-free — For those who are regular to the barbeque parties, they know what it is to be around that smoke and fumes. Well, all those problems can be easily solved by means of an indoor grill for it has a drip tray to absorb all the fumes.
- Healthy food — Grilled food is the best option for people who would want to take care of their health and who value their health more than anything else. The very reason that the food is cooked in less oil and spices contributes to the nutritional content of the food. An indoor grill will ensure that you can cook your favorite food any day and every day.
- A taste to remember — Did we tell you that these grill machines preserve the taste like no others! Yes, your favorite vegetables and meat are cooked and seared slowly as the fat is separated properly form it. By means of these indoor grills, what you get is an appetizing platter that comprises of delicious grilled food items. Thus, a grilling machine offers healthy food that is tasty as well, making it the smartest choice.
- Safety & Food-Grade Design — Of course, an indoor grill should be integrated with safety design protocols, including fire hazard protection and smoke-free features. Keep in mind, excessive smoke inside your home for prolonged periods might lead to health problems and the like. Also, an indoor grill should be made out of food-grade materials, as you wouldn’t want harmful chemicals and other toxic components to come in contact with your food, right?;
- Size & Capacity — It’s just an awful waste of time and energy when you need to prep and cooks multiple batches to accommodate your family and guests, especially if you can do it in one fell swoop. But to do this, you should get an indoor grill with the right size and capacity for your particular needs. So remember this when browsing through our collection below of the ten best indoor grills this year;
- Durability & Sturdiness — A flimsy indoor grill is more likely to cause accidents and the like, especially if a light nudge can cause it to topple over and spill your hot food all around. Meanwhile, you surely want your indoor grill to last for a long time, right? So remember, get an indoor grill that’s made out of durable, high-grade materials;
- Visual & Form Factor Design — Get an indoor grill that looks good with your other tools and equipment in your kitchen. So consider color, size, and overall finish. Plus, it should nicely fit in the area where you want to place it. You’re recommended to get an indoor grill with space-saving features, as you obviously wouldn’t want to add more clutter to your kitchen, would you?;
- Warranty & Price — A manufacturer that bundles up a 1-year warranty with their indoor grill often means that their thorough test results prove their product can last for a year or longer despite prolonged heavy use. So remember that while you’re looking closer at each of the products in our collection of the top 10 indoor grills this 2020. And when you compare the prices of the products that you’ve shortlisted, you’re advised to keep in mind the overall value that you can get when you use the product, contrasting it to the time and money that you’ll spend getting and using it thereafter; and
- Value-Added Benefits — As soon as you go through our selection below, you’ll surely notice that additional features are often equipped into many of these indoor grills. Just verify that these added functionalities are something that you’re most likely to use and benefit from. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your money as many manufacturers charge much higher prices for products with additional features. Also, don’t forget to check for special promos and deals as many manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and vendors offer these incentives from time to time. These are often freebies like recipe books, discount coupons for other relevant products, and so on.
So, here were our indoor grill reviews so that you are able to make a choice regarding the best indoor grill. We hope they are of great help.
While you’re here, check out some of our other kitchen appliances!