We may earn commision from the links in this post
We all know how expensive deli meat can be. Why waste your money at the deli when you can slice your own meat at home for a fraction of the cost? There’s nothing better than taking a nice slab of prosciutto, slicing it nice and thin, using a bread knife to cut some homemade bread from your bread machine, and cooking a delicious sandwich on our panini press or sandwich maker. Nothing we buy at the deli can come close to tasting as good!
The main part of the whole course the meat has to be great in its richness and taste. Hence you can’t compromise with it! But getting already processed meat from the market could be a bit expensive. This is where you need the best meat slicer in your kitchen.
If you are an enthusiast of these non-veg cuisines then this meat slicer reviews will help you to get the best product that suits best to you and fulfills all your needs.
Meat Slicer Review Center 2019
Want to learn more?
Now that you’ve seen our top 5 recommendations, we’ll give you more detail on each of them, including why we liked them. When you’re ready, click the yellow button to get the best price on Amazon!
#1 – Chef’sChoice 609-A Electric Food Slicer
Choosing a great product could be very confusing but this slicer machine reviews has brought you a product that would really appeal to you. This meat slicer is really one of its kind. The price tag at which the slicer comes in is really low and attracts everyone who is looking to make great meals of meat at an economic friendly rate. There is a wide assemblage of food preparation advantages that you would receive from this meat slicer. The slicer is a great choice for those who like things that are durable and long-lasting as it comes in cast-aluminum and stainless-steel material. It could be used to process different material of foods like bread, cheese, vegetables and obviously all types of meat. The food carriage that is provided in this slicer is tilted for efficient and fast slicing of food. The carriage size is also large to accommodate a great amount of meat in it. Hence you could slice extra large food items in the slicer.
There is a knob provided in the slicer that is used for determining the thickness of your slices and hence with this precision thickness switch you could achieve the slices of your desire. The thickness of these slices could be as thin as 1 inch. When the unit is not in use there is a lock button provided in the slicer that limits the access to the blade so that there is enough safety provided. The whole product is easy to clean i.e. You won’t face any difficulty in cleaning it.
What we like about it:
The best part of this slicer is that it is electric and hence doesn’t require any manual input in it. This will surely save a lot of your labor and give you desired results. This is undoubtedly the best meat slicer machine that is present at the stores. The design of the slicer is very nice and attracts the attention of almost everyone. Cast-aluminum and stainless-steel material of the product makes it highly durable and long lasting. The tilted hood carriage adds credibility to it and makes it slice faster.
#2 – Best Choice Products New 10″ Blade Commercial Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer
This product surely is one of the best meat slicers that are available in the market and is a solution to all your problems related to the slicing of meat. If you are looking to get a meat slicing machine that puts an end to all your miseries related to mincing and slicing of meat. The products surely define the phrase “value for money”, as it provides a total solution to meat slicing. The blade present in the meat slicer is a 10 inches blade that is used for heavy-duty purposes. The blade is made up of stainless steel hence it would serve you for a long amount of time as it is durable and strong. The switch that governs the mechanism of on and off is guarded by a waterproof cover and hence safe when there is the use of water made in the slicing.
The feet of the slicer are skid proof rubber which is ideal for table use and provides you a stable base for slicing the meat that you are going to prepare for the meal. The heavy-duty motor that has a power of 240 watts is ideal for commercial applications. Get the correct thickness of meat that you require for your dish with this slicer. The range of the slice will vary from 0 to 17mm with the help of scale knob.
What we like about it:
This meat slicer is a PU belt driven meat slicer hence if in near future you are required to change the belt it will cost relatively lower than changing the gear of a meat slicer that is gear driven. The 10 inches blade that is present in this slicer makes it extremely useful for slicing those annoying frozen pieces of meat which is very cumbersome to mince manually by hand with the help of a knife.
#3 – Nesco FS-250 180-Watt Food Slicer with 8.7-Inch Blade
This meat slicer is “power” in one word. You could slice any piece of meat or any food item with the help of this slicer. The bade is of 8.7 inches in size and is made up of hard stainless-steel material that is quite durable and long lasting. The serrated blade does not need sharpening and hence you would be able to use it for a long amount of time. The carriage is made up of total stainless-steel material and is able to fit almost very large pieces of meat in it.
You could get the slice of meat that you need with this slicer as the control knob allows you to get the pieces of around 9/16 inches in size. The food press is made up of die-cast aluminum. there is a dual safety feature provided in the slicer so that no user faces any type of injury while slicing his or her favorite food item. There is a user guide that is also provided with the slicer in order to let the customers know how to use the product safely and get the best results out of it. This slicer is easy to clean as the gadgets that are a pain to clean are a real pain to many people. You could easily disassemble it and then assemble it in a minute for cleaning it and making it ready for future use.
What we like about it:
The motor that is provided in this slicer is of power that is enough to mince and slice the very hard pieces of meat which you might not be able to chop with your hands and other manually powered meat slicers. The 8.7 inches blade makes the slicing relatively easy and gives you a large range of operation when meat slicing is considered. The stainless-steel material of the blade makes it durable and long-lasting.
#4 – Elite Gourmet EMT-503B Maxi-Matic 130 Watt Die-Cast-Aluminum Electric Food Slicer
This food slicer provides users with a premium way of slicing food items. This slicer is not only there to slice meat but also any other food item like cheese, firm vegetables and sausages. You would observe uniform slicing throughout the use of this slicer. The slicer looks elegant and the black design of the slicer adds charm to the product. The blade is removable hence easy to clean and retractable for making it ready for any further use. The blade is 7.5 inches in size and is made up of stainless steel with an on/off switch for safe use of the product.
You could get the perfect and accurate pieces of desired thickness with the slicer with the help of a thickness adjuster switch. This allows the user to have pieces as thin as half an inch. The platform is large enough for slicing big pieces of meat with relative easiness. The housing is made up of die-cast aluminum that provides it durability and long life. The rubber feet hat this slicer has makes it sturdy and stable for slicing the meat efficiently. The customers could get perfect slices when you are slicing turkey ham or chicken for any party or occasion. This is surely one of the best meat slicer machines that you would come across. Save your time and money by buying this slicer and entertain your family and friends with the great platters.
What we like about it:
The slicer looks great as the design of the product is practical and the black color of the product adds charm to it. All the different types of features that would make any slicer great for your home is present in this product. If you are looking for the best meat slicer for home then this food slicer reviews had helped you and your search is over. As this slicer is style and efficiency packed in one single product.
#5 – Continental Deli Meat Slicer
If you are in a search for best deli meat slicer then you should make a halt here as this meat slicer is one of the best available in the market. These deli meat slicer reviews have brought you the solution to your meat related problems. Get a great slicer at a great price point and save more afterward when you cut and process meat yourself at home. You could cut anything with this slicer from bread, vegetables, cheese, and meat of various thickness. The company is a well known and trusted one as it has served in the industry of food products for over 20 years hence there are no issues that you would be facing regarding the quality of the product.
You could prepare the relishing deli sandwiches that are extremely difficult to make it with the help of your hands and knife only. The carriage is tilted that allows easier and efficient slicing of the meat. The feet of the slicer are non-slippery and hence it is ideal to use it on a table. The product is made up of heavy cast iron that provides it durability and long life. The size of the blade is 7.5 inches that are ideal to use at home. The motor is powerful as it is powered by 150 watts of energy and could slice any type of meat easily without any difficulty. Overall it is a must buy product.
What we like about it:
This is the best paper thin meat slicer that is available in the market you would get the thinnest of the pieces of meat with the help of this product. The product is available at a great price point and the fact that the company has not compromised with its quality makes it a steal deal for everyone. The product provides an all-around performance to the users as it is able to slice anything from meat to bread.
How we choose the top meat slicers in our list
This list was made after doing a deep and well-studied research. All the aspects were taken into consideration when this list was prepared. Two teams were formed that looked into the real-time usage of the product and a third team was there that looked into the technical details of the product. The former two teams took the feedback from all the customers that had used the products. The team also used to these products o their utmost limits to get the best results. Below are the factors that were taken into consideration for ranking the products.
- Size of the blade – when you are looking for getting the slicer that is the best buy for your money this is the most important aspect that you should consider. Premium and mid-tier slicers have a large cutting blade while entry-level slicers have smaller blades which are there for lighter use.
- The driving mechanism – the driving mechanism could change accordingly, it might be a belt driven slicer or a gear driven slicer. Both of these mechanisms had their certain pros and cons respectively.
- Horsepower – when you are looking to mince some hard meat power is always considered. The excess horsepower of a meat slicer makes it be used more frequently than a slicer of relatively lower horsepower.
- Automaticity – when you are looking for best home meat slicer then automaticity always pays a great role. Manual or automatic slicer is what you might like based on the amount of meat you want to slice up.
Different types of meat slicers
If you are looking for a good meat slicer then this article will help you immensely. There are a number of factors on which basis these meat slicers are categorized. The basic two categories are automaticity and features. Below is given the detailed information about the two categories.
Based on automaticity
The slicers are divided basically on the fact that either they are automatic or they are not. The two slicers have their own pros and cons.
- Manual slicers – it requires the mechanical energy from a human.
- Automatic slicers – it doesn’t require any mechanical strength and works on the motor driven by electricity.
Based on other features
There a lot number of features that separate any two slicers. Al of them pays a key role in the utility and application of these slicers. Some features on which these slicers are divided are given below.
- Blade size – the size of the blade is what makes a slicer premium, mid-tier or just one that is used seldomly. If the size of the blade is large it is surely used for premium slicing of meat and even some mid-tier slicers have a large blade. Slicers with small blades are often used at homes where the slicing of meat is not done much.
- Size of the carriage – most of the carriages are able to hold a good amount of meat in them within the carriage. The size of the tray or carriage differentiates a number of slicers as it is important for users to verify that how much meat a slicer can accommodate in it.
- Safety – there a number of safety features that are present in a meat slicer be it a knife guard, gauge plate interlock or no-volt release.
Why do you need the best meat slicers in your kitchen?
There are many factors that support the usage of a meat slicer in your home. When you are in a supermarket and looking to cook a great non-vegetarian meal for your family and friends. But the price of the meat is relatively high. It is where you should realize that getting a meat slicer at your home would be a nice idea. Here are some reasons that support the usage of a meat slicer at your home.
- Easy cutting – cutting meat could be a tedious task and could be more tedious. The preparation that is required to make a good meal becomes relatively easier than usual. When you have some arm problem than handling a knife is pain and not to mention the mincing of those frozen meat pieces from your chest freezer that is a nightmare to many of us this is why you really need a meat slicer at your home.
- Less wastage – when cutting meat with a carving knife is considered there is a lot of wastage of food. You would be observing that when you are making use of these slicers at home the wastage would be relatively lower than the usual days. You don’t want your delicious meat to be thrown down the garbage disposal or in the indoor compost bin. Alternatively, you can use a meat grinder to make some delicious hamburgers!
- The thickness you desire – different cuisines need the different thickness of the meat. You can’t make a great dish without getting the correct thickness of the pieces that are required to make the dish, without this your dish would be bland and won’t have any richness in it. Japanese cuisine requires much thinner meat (hence why Japanese knives are so sharp), compared to Italian cuisine.
When you are looking to make the best non-vegetarian meat you surely need the best slicer machine by your side. So, don’t waste your time with this meat slicers reviews by your side you will surely choose the best product.
While you’re here, check out some of our other kitchen appliances!