We’ve recently compiled a list of the ten best non-stick frying pans for your kitchen this 2020. After all, a kitchen isn’t complete without an ideal non-stick frying pan. You can prepare and cook a lot of treats, snacks, recipes, and meals with this tool. It also has health benefits as you don’t need to add any oil or butter when cooking many types of food, such as bacon and ham slices, among others.
We took a series of steps to build our list of the top 10 non-stick pans of the year. Our first activity was to learn about the fundamental properties of a non-stick pan and how we often use it in our kitchens. This enabled us to know a lot of crucial things that can help us identify the best ones in the market today.
And that was our second step. We listed down the most important factors that can make or break our search for the most suitable non-stick pan in the market today. As we were developing this list of vital factors, we immediately realized that a certain number of these should be prioritized more than others. So that’s what we did — We trimmed our shortlist down to the most vital factors that can help us pinpoint the right non-stick pans this year.
Our third activity was to form a test group. We contacted our pro chef friends and others with beginner to intermediate kitchen skills. Our objective is to ensure that all these groups are equally represented by a set of members in our test group. This way, we’ll be able to cover much wider ground. Many of them were more than willing to participate, and we thank them for their time and energy.
Finally, our fourth activity was to develop a set of testing procedures that simulate real-world situations in the kitchen. We consulted each member in our test group, from beginners to pros. Once we finalized these testing procedures, we moved on and asked our test group to perform these steps.
And this is why we compiled our list of the ten best non-stick pans of the year. Here they are:
Best Non-Stick Frying Pan Comparison And Ratings
|#1 - Carote 8.5" Nonstick Frying Pan||92%|
|#2 - Circulon Symmetry Nonstick Pan||92%|
|#3 - Tramontina Professional Nonstick Pan||90%|
|#4 - All-Clad Stainless Steel Try-Ply||86%|
|#5 - Amazon Basics Nonstick Pan Set||86%|
|#6 - Farberware Nonstick Pan||86%|
|#7 - BulbHead Red Copper Nonstick Pan Set||86%|
|#8 - Cook N Home 5.5" Nonstick Pan||84%|
|#9 - Master Pan Nonstick Divided Skillet||82%|
|#10 - T-Fal Professional Nonstick Pan||82%|
One of the first sources of our information was Amazon and the reviews that were left by customers from all around the world. We confirmed these opinions by comparing the details they shared against the reviews of members at relevant online communities where we usually hang out to discuss kitchen-related things. Finally, before we could offer our feedback, we asked the pros and home cooks in our test group to confirm these things by testing out the non-stick pans on our list. So here are our findings:
What is a Non-Stick Frying Pan?
Although this sounds like an overly simplistic question, we realized that this is a necessary step in the process that we developed for identifying the top products in the market today. So a nonstick pan is a frying pan with a handle and a nonstick surface. Its main difference over traditional pans is the nonstick material that’s integrated into its cooking surface. The objective of this material is to avoid as many types of food as possible from sticking on its surface as you use these pans for cooking.
After being reminded of this, we were able to conceptualize the differences that each nonstick pan has over other similar products in the market today. And as described earlier, we were able to zone in on the most important set of factors that you should consider as you go through our roundup of the ten best nonstick pans this year. And here they are:
Factors to Consider for Best Non-Stick Frying Pan
- Size & Shape — The number of people that you often serve should be considered when you’re looking for an ideal nonstick frying pan. That’s because this will also help you pinpoint the ideal size and capacity that a nonstick pan should be able to accommodate. After all, you wouldn’t want to prepare and cook the same recipe multiple times just to accommodate the number of persons that you usually have for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner, right? Wouldn’t this be an awful waste of time and energy if you did it this way? Plus, the size and shape of your nonstick frying pan should provide you with space-saving benefits. You wouldn’t want to buy something that’ll just end up cluttering your kitchen now, would you?;
- Food-Grade Material & Overall Design — Nonstick components of kitchen products should always be free from harmful chemicals and other elements that can expose you and your loved ones to serious health risks. Remember, these tools come in direct contact with your food. So imagine ingesting toxins and other harmful chemicals without knowing as you eat your food. Also, keep in mind that rust has adverse effects on people when ingested, so the overall design of the nonstick pans in your shortlist should also be considered. Plus, you wouldn’t want the look and feel of your nonstick frying pan to clash with the color theme and style of your kitchen, especially if you intend to hang your pan out in the open for everyone to see as you store it after every use;
- Sturdiness & Durability — A nonstick pan with a nice heft when you handle it is much better than those without a sturdy handle. After all, having full control over your pan as you cook your food won’t only be more convenient for you. Rather, you’ll be much safer against accidental burns and injuries. That’s also why durability is a major aspect to consider in a nonstick frying pan. You wouldn’t want it to break down and spill hot food all over you or any other person near you as you cook. Now the sturdiness and durability of many products almost always depend on the material that was used to produce it, along with other relevant production processes. And for you to know this, you’ll need to ask around and learn about the experience of others who have been using the particular nonstick frying pans in your shortlist for a reasonable time;
- Additional Features & Guarantees — Aside from the guarantee of a nonstick surface that’s also quick and easy to clean, there are several additional features and guarantees that you must keep in mind. For example, some products are much lighter than others, even if they’re as strong and durable.
Meanwhile, certain nonstick pans are integrated with optimum heat distribution design techniques, providing you with an even cook for your food. Others are equipped with a handle that stays cool to the touch even at high temperatures. Other non-stick frying pans also have detachable handles for quick and easy storage and portability;
- Price & Value-Added Benefits — A non-stick pan should have a price tag that’s reasonable in terms of the value that you can get as you use it. So carefully compare the products in our list of the ten best nonstick pans for your kitchen this 2020. You’ll be able to trim this list down to those that can provide you with the exact benefits that you want. And from this point, you can then compare the prices of each product.
But another thing that you should watch for is value-added stuff that’s bundled with those products. These can be promotional items like free recipe eBooks and so on; and
- Product Warranty — For instance, a manufacturer that offers a 1-year warranty along with a money-back guarantee often has full trust and confidence in their products. That’s because they’re developing their warranties and guarantees based on the results of their thorough tests and real-world simulations. So in that example, the manufacturer’s test results point out that their products can last for a year or more despite prolonged heavy use. Now imagine the benefits that you can get when you consider these factors as you go through our list of the top 10 non-stick pans today.
So whether you have beginner cooking experience or consider yourself a bit of a master chef, pans are a necessary part of every kitchen.