We may earn commission from the links in this post
Baking is one of the most popular hobbies of moms worldwide. Nonetheless, this does not mean that being single will stop you from learning about the interesting food preparation. If you are willing to learn, you will find it manageable to handle a lot of baked goods recipes.
Primarily, you need to get all the baking essentials to make the task more successful. The tools are necessary so you could prepare the ingredients accordingly.
Apart from the kitchen utensils, you must learn about the bread ingredients as well. In such way, buying the products from a grocery will not be that difficult. You may also get a grasp of how to find alternatives in case your primary ingredient choice is not available.
Many people begin with Christmas cookies, especially now that for them, the process is not that difficult. You may do so as well. However, you must remember that even if you are used to baking cookies, it will already be easy with the baked goods.
Instead of jumping to preparing chocolate nougat fudge brownie cup immediately, you should start with the basics. To give you a recommendation, you may then consider carrot poppy seed bread recipe.
You may use a bread machine in order to bake the recipe, which will make the task easier and faster. Given below are the specifics to prep up and follow:
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- ¾ cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Finely Shredded Carrot
- 1 ½ teaspoons Caraway Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Margarine or Butter
- 1 cup Bread Floor
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Floor
- 2 teaspoons Bread Machine Yeast
- Measure all the ingredients carefully.
- Place every ingredient in the bread machine pan while following the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Add milk with carrots.
- Select either white or basic cycle
- Choose medium crust color.
- When necessary, adjust the consistency of the dough accordingly.
- After five minutes of mixing the dough, you should check its consistency.
- Check for smooth and soft ball around the blade.
- Add one teaspoon of liquid if the dough is too dry or stiff.
- Add more teaspoons of liquid until the dough obtains its right consistency.
- Add a teaspoon of bread flour if the dough is too sticky or soft.
- Remove the bread from the pan.
- Let it cool on the wire rack.
Once done, you will already enjoy the unique taste of the loaf. With the carrots added to the mixture, you will taste a hint of sweetness. For variations, some bakers who have tried the recipe recommended using herbs or seeds.
Besides the carrots, the poppy seed will provide an interesting texture to the bread. To keep the color and moistness of the bread right, you should pack the carrot lightly when measuring.
You may check out the best bread machines on the market if you have not purchased one yet. In such way, it will be easier for you to practice baking at home. Besides, the equipment will give you more chances of trying out other variations of carrot poppy seed bread.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!