Do you have a bag of Oreo cookies, kids, and want to be creative? Make an Oreo Dirt Cake. It’s a great activity to do on the weekend or when the kids are on a vacation from school. All you need is some simple ingredients that you might already have on hand such vanilla pudding and cream cheese. You can go to a discount store such as Dollar General or Dollar Tree for the rest of the supplies. Any of them would carry silk flowers, plastic flower pots, and a spade.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
You can really surprise your kids by making this and can have lots of fun doing it. An Oreo Dirt Cake looks really cool when it’s finished. Your kids will have fun eating it too. Need a centerpiece for a kid’s party? Need something to do on a rainy day? Make an Oreo Dirt Cake. The following is a recipe that you can use.
Oreo Dirt Cake
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 ½ cup milk
- 1 large Cool Whip
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- ½ stick margarine
- 1 cup powdered confectioners sugar
- 1 bunch silk flowers
- new plastic flower pot and spade
- gummy worms
The first thing that you want to do is crumble the entire bag of Oreo cookies in a blender. Make sure you don’t crumble them too much. The cookies should look like dirt when you’re finished. Set aside.
Find a large bowl and mix the cream cheese, margarine, and powdered sugar together. Add the Cool Whip to bowl and stir.
In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to mix the milk and pudding together and add to the cream cheese mixture. Mix again.
Take your new plastic flower pot and seal the holes with foil. Line the bottom of pot with wax paper.
Put a layer of Oreo cookies on the bottom. Next add a layer of the cream cheese mixture. Add another layer of cookies. Add one more layer of the cream cheese mixture. Add the final layer of Oreo cookies on top. Stick the Oreo Dirt cake in the refrigerator to chill.
When you’re ready to serve the cake, wrap the silk flowers stem in aluminum foil and stick it in the flower pot. Add gummy worms to the dirt and it’s ready to eat. Make sure it’s eaten while it’s still cold.
Making an Oreo Dirt Cake is lots of fun. Be creative and have some fun with your kids today.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
- Romaine Salad with Curried Nuts and Sweet Potato for Weight Loss Recipe
- Introduction to Baking for Joy
- Baking a Bake Is Fun And Stress Free! Tips for Beginners
- Make Ahead Cinnamon Buns and Christmas Macarons
- How to Bake the Best Tasting Chocolate Cookies
- Get You Holiday Baking Done in One Afternoon!
- Recipe for Baked Salmon with Miso
- 5 Best Bar Refrigerator with Ice Makers for your Kitchen
- 5 Best Artichoke Hearts for your Kitchen
- How to Make Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies