Have you ever caught yourself raiding the refrigerator for a mouthwatering, tasty midnight snack!? If not, maybe you find yourself stumped in the kitchen deciding what type of snack to make your family. Well what’s better than a delicious homemade sugar cookie and a glass of milk?
Follow these instructions and you will shortly have a delicious snack, even if you are no Martha. The flavor of these delicious sugar cookies will have your friends mouthwatering and asking for more! They will be even more impressed when you share the fact you made them from scratch! Watch out taste buds there is a new baker in town!
Things you will need:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of unsalted softened butter
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Powder sugar
- Cookie sheet
- Mixer and bowl
- Rolling pin
- Fun cookie cutters! If you so not have any cookie cutters do not worry! Amazon has a large selection to choose from.
Okay, here we go fellow bakers!!
- Grab a smaller, separate bowl and filter measurements of flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Place this bowl on the side, you will not be using it just yet!
- Add egg and milk into the combination, while slowly mixing in the previously assorted flour blend.
- When the dough is formed, divide in half and place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Ding Ding! Get excited because the 2 hours is up and it is time for the fun to begin!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and get those cookie cutters ready to go.
- Throw down some powdered sugar before you roll out your dough.
- Use the rolling pin to successfully achieve the perfect cookie width (perfect=around 1/4 or a little more).
- Place your cookie cutter on the dough and slightly press down.
- Remove the newly formed shape and place on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, wait for the cookie to cool and enjoy!!
Things to keep in mind:
Placing powdered sugar under your dough will help prevent the dough from sticking to the surface you are working on.
Be careful when removing cookie sheets from oven!
Use a hand mixer with caution! Nobody wants a finger in their cookie!
If you don’t have any of the above and want to get started with baking, check out our article on the best baking essentials!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
Never miss out on our latest posts
Join the mailing list that every chef wants to be on for the latest recipes, articles, and special offers, straight to your inbox...
Thank you for subscribing.
Please enter a valid email address.