We may earn commission from the links in this post
These easy-to-make cookies and candies require just a few ingredients and teach kids how to measure and mix. The ingredients require that these treats remain refrigerated. Make in advance and pull out when ready to serve dessert. Kids will enjoy the opportunity to make dessert for a family dinner, holiday, or special occasion.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Sweet Cream Cheese Candies
- 6 oz soft cream cheese
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Candy sprinkles
- Set the cream cheese on the counter for approximately a half hour so it is soft.
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese with a mixing spoon until it is well blended.
- Pour the candy sprinkles in a pie tin or in a shallow bowl.
- Make one-inch balls with the sugar and cream cheese mixture. Roll in the sprinkles.
- Set the candy balls on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Store the candies in the refrigerator.
- 1 ½ cups crushed vanilla wafers
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup finely chopped nuts
- ¼ cup very soft margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator for approximately 45 minutes.
- To crush the vanilla wafers, place the vanilla wafers in a plastic bag and run a rolling pin over it until the wafers are finely crushed.
- Place the vanilla wafer crumbs, powdered sugar, chopped nuts, margarine or butter, and orange juice in a mixing bowl and stir with a fork.
- Sprinkle the flaked coconut in a pie tin or shallow bowl. (To color the coconut, stir in a few drops of food coloring.)
- Shape one inch balls with the dough and roll in the coconut.
- Set in a waxed paper lined container and store in the refrigerator.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ very soft margarine or butter
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Granulated sugar
- Take the margarine or butter out of the refrigerator and leave on the counter for approximately 45 minutes so it is very soft.
- Place approximately 10 double chocolate graham crackers in a plastic bag and run a rolling pin over it until the finely crushed.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crumbs, powdered sugar, softened margarine, raisins, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir with a fork until well mixed.
- Shape the dough into one-inch balls. Flatten each ball crisscross with a fork. Sprinkle with a little granulated sugar on top.
- Set in a waxed paper container and store in the refrigerator.
These easy-to-make cookies and candies require some preparation before mixing together the ingredients. Keep chilled in the refrigerator for a cool treat on a hot day or make them on a rainy or snowy day for a tasty afternoon activity.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!