We may earn commission from the links in this post
The summer season has arrived and it is time to enjoy some healthy meals that will entertain the family without having to go through any tedious food preparation. Using large baked potatoes as a lunch or dinner meal offer many nutritious and fun alternatives for families who need a change of pace from the everyday food pyramid. Not only do potatoes offer a well-balanced meal for all of the family, they also present a wide range of ways that this vegetable can be used to create delicious recipes. This baked potato delight is one of my favorite dishes that I have enjoyed to make for my friends and family throughout the years.
Broccoli, Bacon and Cheddar Mountain Baked Potato
- 8 king size Idaho or regular baking potatoes
- 2 one pound packages of bacon (chopped with the best food chopper)
- 1 16oz. jar of pasteurized process cheese sauce
- 1 16oz. package of sharp cheese
- 2 11oz. bags of frozen broccoli florets
- Separate bacon slices and place on two baking pans, place in oven and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, turn several times to ensure bacon is thoroughly cooked. Drain grease from pan and place bacon on paper towels to drain off excess grease. Chop bacon into finely grated pieces, place in bowl and cover until needed to top off Potato.
- Place 8 potatoes in oven, set temperature at 450 degrees, bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Turn potatoes four times to ensure an even bake.
- Place both 11oz. bags of broccoli into medium cooking pot, bring to boil for 10 minutes. Drain broccoli in colander and immediately remove potatoes from oven.
- Slice potatoes in half – top with a healthy portion of pasteurized cheese.
- Add chopped bacon, then top off with broccoli florets, add a liberal amount of sharp shredded cheese and cracked pepper or add garlic herb dipping spices to complete topping. (Here are some great garlic presses for you!)
- Place potatoes back in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, serve immediately.
User Review( votes)