- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
I love the scent of grilled pineapple — smoky and sweet. Its tang is perfectly balanced by the coconut chicken in this scrumptious recipe. If you have ailing joints, you will especially enjoy this healing meal, which includes the anti-inflammatory power of grass-fed chicken, shallots, garlic, and ginger.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 clove fresh ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, plus 2 sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup lemongrass roughly chopped
- 16 ounces boneless chicken breast cubed
- 1 fresh pineapple peeled and chunked
- 6 medium shallots peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- Combine the coconut milk, lime juice, garlic, ginger, cilantro, and lemongrass and mix well. Add the chicken and let marinate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Heat a grill or grill pan on medium heat. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Take eight 6-inch bamboo skewers and alternate the chicken, pineapple, and shallots. Coat the kabobs in the olive oil and grill for 8–10 minutes, turning on all sides.
- Simmer the marinade in a saucepan while the skewers are cooking to use as a dipping sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- TIPS AND NOTES:
Remember to use grass-fed chicken in order to benefit from the arthritis-soothing omega-3’s.
Serve these refreshing kabobs with brown rice pilaf and steamed vegetables for a full, healthy meal. Add chili flakes for some extra kick or add a few splashes of hot sauce to the marinade when you are reheating it.
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 10