We may earn commission from the links in this post
These tasty and moist cookies, tempting to vegans and omnivores alike, are good any time of year, but are especially good around the fall season. With tasty pumpkin and festive fall spices, such as cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom, these delicious treats are a great addition to a Halloween party, a yummy Thanksgiving treat, or a festive Holiday snack.
Using only one bowl for easy clean up and taking under ten minutes to mix up, these are a quick and easy option when trying to whip up a quick dessert or snack.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
They also are a healthy option, using fiber filling oats and healthy pumpkin.
- 18 cookies
- 10 minutes.
- Around 8 to 10 minutes per patch
Supplies You Will Need:
- 1 medium sized mixing bowl
- Food processer
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 1 small stainless-steel mixing bowl
- Baking sheet, lightly oiled
- Cooling rack
- Metal spatula
Ingredients for Pumpkin and Pecan Vegan Cookies:
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, blended
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup pecan pieces, optional
- About a tablespoon white sugar to roll dough in, optional
How to Make Delicious Fall Vegan Pumpkin and Pecan Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend old fashioned oats in food processer until finely ground.
- Mix blended oats, flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder, cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- Add pumpkin, molasses, vanilla, and oil to dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Dough should be slightly sticky.
- Add pecans, if you wish.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized bowls.
- You can optionally put around 1 tablespoon white sugar in a small bowl. Roll each ball through the sugar before putting on the oiled baking sheet.
- Press the dough ball down slightly. The cookies will not spread much on the baking sheet, so make them about the size and shape you would like them to be when cooked.
- Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on cooling rack.
- Leftover cookies should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Tasty Variations of Vegan Pumpkin and Pecan Cookies
This festive fall tasty cookie recipe also can have other tasty ingredients. Consider adding a ½ cup of your favorite dried fruit to the cookie dough batter. Dried cranberries, raisins, and chopped dates are all tasty additions to this yummy vegan pumpkin cookie recipe. You also could consider reducing the pecans to ½ a cup and adding ½ cup of your favorite granola or trail mix. You also could substitute ¾ cup unsalted, toasted pumpkin seeds for the pecans, for another tasty option.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!