We may earn commission from the links in this post
It’s really delicious to bite into a potato and get that simple crunch that is loved by many, then the lovely sinking feeling when teeth slowly drown in a fluffy potato wedge texture. Following the method below will make delicious crispy potato wedges with a melt-in-the-mouth fluffiness inside.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
The ingredients for this recipe are very simple and based on a 2 person serving will require only the following –
- 2 large potatoes (or 3 medium size)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of semolina
- A drizzle of sunflower oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- A large pan of water for boiling
- The first step in making delicious crispy potato wedges is simple. Par-boiling potatoes with the skin on is the very first step to ensuring this. Place a large pan of water on a hot hob and wait until the water is boiling hot and bubbling away.
- Whilst waiting for the water to boil take your potatoes and cut them into wedges lengthways. Cut them in half first then make the potato wedges from each half of each potato. Ensure that the potato wedges are of a medium thickness and place into the boiling hot water for between 5-10 minutes. As potatoes can vary in size, then be careful not to overfill the plan as there will be a mixture of hard and soft wedges after the end of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 190C (160C if fan assisted) then tip the par-boiled potato wedges into a colander. Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and sprinkle with the semolina, a good drizzle of sunflower oil and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Blend all of the ingredients together with a spoon to ensure that the potato wedges are evenly coated. If your tastes are a little spicier, then you may want to sprinkle in some chilli flakes with the potato wedges at this stage and mix them in with the other ingredients.
- Place the potato wedges on a baking tray (skin-side down) in a pre-heated oven for around 25-30 minutes until they are brown and golden all over. Ensure that the wedges are placed skin side down to prevent the potato from sticking to the surface of the baking tray, thus keeping the crispiness intact when transferring to the plates. Serve with oven roasted vegetables and a juicy rib-eye steak.
Serve heated on the best warming tray!
Another delicious alternative ingredient to add to the mix would be rosemary and garlic (Here are some great garlic presses for you!) which would go tremendously well with some lamb chops or steaks as an accompaniment to replace the steak.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!
User Review( votes)