We may earn commission from the links in this post
Pumpkin bread is a delicious and tasty treat. Pumpkin bread is especially popular around the autumnal season and is a favorite with kids and adults alike.
Pumpkin bread is a relatively easy quick bread to prepare, requiring little cooking time and clean up. This pumpkin bread recipe uses real pumpkin and a few, simple ingredients. Several varieties of puréed fall squash are also tasty used in this pumpkin bread recipe.
This delicious and simple pumpkin bread recipe is especially full of flavor, using a variety of festive fall spices such as ground nutmeg, ground cloves, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
Recommended Reading: Get started with baking by reading our Ultimate Guide to the Best Baking Equipment for Beginners!
- 1 loaf
- 30 to 40 Minutes
- 350 Fahrenheit
- 1 Hour
Cooking Supplies Needed for Traditional Pumpkin Bread:
- Large saucepan to cook pumpkin
- Flour sifter
- Mixing spoon
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Small stainless-steel mixing bowl
- One 9 by 5 inch loaf pan
- Cooling rack
Ingredients for Homemade Pumpkin Bread:
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons nutmeg
- ¼ ground cloves
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
How to Make Easy and Traditional Pumpkin Bread Using Real Pumpkin
- Cut, cook, and mash pumpkin. Set aside.
- Grease well a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Mix together pumpkin, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly using mixing spoon.
- In smaller mixing bowl combine thoroughly flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves.
- Shift dry ingredients into wet ingredients about a cup at a time, stirring thoroughly after each addition. Add optional walnuts or pecans, if desired. Mix thoroughly
- Pour pumpkin bread mixture into thoroughly greased loaf pan. Use rubber spatula to spread batter evenly.
- Let pumpkin bread bake on middle rack of oven for 55 to 65 minutes. Pumpkin bread will be thoroughly baked when tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for ten minutes before removing pumpkin bread from pan. Allow pumpkin bread to cool thoroughly on cooling rack before slicing and serving. Store in airtight container.
Variations of Tasty, Homemade Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This tasty, homemade pumpkin recipe is also tasty with ½ cup dried raisins or cranberries.
If using mini loaf pans or making muffins, reduce cooking time significantly.
You can also make this great recipe in the best bread maker!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!