Cookies are a great way to show your significant other that you care about them. If your sweetheart enjoys both coffee and chocolate (and you don’t want to impress her with a chocolate fountain), then use this amazing recipe to keep them satisfied.
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Cookbooks
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups melted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
Recommended reading: Best Cookie Presses
- Start by preheating your oven to 225 degrees.
- Choose a pan, which is about 9-inch, and coat the bottom with shortening or butter. It is recommended to line the pan with wax paper. If you don’t have a pan, check out our guide to the best bakeware.
- To prepare your mix, dissolve the instant coffee granules and sugar into boiling water.
- Follow by melting the chocolate until it becomes smooth and then add it to the coffee mixture. Stir both ingredients until perfectly blended.
- In a bowl, use an electric hand mixer to mix the butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the coffee and chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Pour all ingredients into the prepared pan.
- Bake everything for 2 1/2 hours.
- Cool everything for about 5-10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- You can glaze your batch by melting 2/3 of the bittersweet chocolate.
- Begin by stirring over low heat until chocolate melts, add cream and stir well.
- Remove the mix from heat and stir in the remaining 1/3 of chocolate.
- Cool glaze, and pour over the batch.
To make your cookies extra special for Valentine’s Day, I recommend using heart-shaped cookie cutters. You can dress up the glaze by adding Valentine’s Day sprinkles or adding Valentine’s Day candy to top the cookies.
For a romantic presentation, try wrapping the cookies in colored saran wrap tied with ribbons.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our kitchen product reviews!